Since the first day of 2013 we have been focused in fasting & prayer for spiritual breakthrough. We are praying to see a difference in our lives personally and for the people of our city to know God personally. This challenge is the core of our focus to #PrayForParis.
This week we looked at how we are to pray; hearing from the words of Jesus, and using our key verse (2 Chronicles 7:14) as a course of action.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
We saw from Jesus in his example of prayer for the disciples a process to follow in prayer…
“This, then, is how you should pray: “ ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. ’ (Matthew 6:9-13 NIV)
Prayer is simply talking to God. Jesus’ prayer reveals a few key points to use as a guide…
- Declaring who God is
- God’s will be done
- Hearts of people drawn to God
- People would have love for each other – unity
- Revolution focused on looking out for others
- No Satisfaction in the things of this world
- Recognize the greatness of God
- Return to the God of their past
- Bless them in what they put their hands to do
- People would come to know Christ personally